Why Is Local SEO Important?
In 2017 alone, it was revealed that over 1 trillion searches were typed on Google, one of the largest search engines in the world. This search engine has a massive control over what people see when they search for information. Local SEO basically refers to searches that would help businesses to promote their products and services to customers or users in their locality. This is one of the most effective marketing tools that businesses can employ to ensure that they generate traffic to their websites.
To enable search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo to gather information for their local search results, they would have to rely on certain signals like local contents, social profile pages, citations, and links. The aim of local SEO is to ensure that your business or brand is discovered by those searching for it in your locality. Google makes up local search results through the help of Geo qualifiers like; the state, zip code, and city of the user to ensure that search results are displayed to the users.
The Importance Of Local SEO
The Importance of local SEO to businesses and brands cannot be overemphasized. We will discuss some of the reasons why local SEO is important to businesses. These reasons include;
1. It helps your potential customers find your business or brand; it has been revealed that most of the local searches are from non-locals who are intently looking for businesses and brands like yours. Depending on your local SEO, your business could capture the audience of people from different areas.
2. It offers would-be customers the necessary information they want about your business and brand; this means that local SEO helps your customers know the type of services you offer. For instance, if you own a restaurant that offers customers free WiFi or one that is pet-friendly, it is advised that you make the information known as it would attract customers within your area that are looking for such service.
3. Interestingly, according to research over 61% of the people who perform local searches end up calling the business. Ensuring that your website is friendly for locals would definitely provide potential customers the will to take action. It also provides your business with the lead that can be converted.
4. It helps your business stand out from your competitors and at the same time helps to drive traffic to your website through online leads. It also helps to drive the decision of potential customers in your favor. The larger the information potential customers have about you, the more they begin to respect and trust your brand. This is the foundation on which you can build customer relationship that is mutually beneficial.
5. It is highly targetted and able to reach the desired audience. By making use of local SEO, you position yourself as one of the leading businesses in your niche and in your locality. It will also help you promote what you have to offer to your potential customers.