With SEO being one of the most relevant internet marketing strategies, there is every reason for website owners to optimize their website. Search Engine Optimization basically refers to a set of guidelines that website owners seeking to increase their traffic and online presence are expected to follow to ensure that their websites are ranked on search engines like Yahoo!, Bing, and Google. In this piece, we will discuss some of the reasons why every website owner should optimize their website. These reasons include but are not limited to these;
1. Increased website traffic; generally, the more a website is ranked by search engines for keywords, the more traffic they get. It has been revealed that web pages on the top of any search list on Google gets over 27.5% of the total clicks. This means that if 100 people search for a product or service you offer, about 25 to 28 of them would click on your website. This definitely means an increased website traffic and also increased sale if you run an e-commerce store.
2. Will improve your website’s visibility; if your website ranks higher, your brand becomes visible to your potential customers. It has been revealed that it would take 5 to about 7 brand impressions before your website or brand is remembered by someone, but with SEO, your brand becomes more visible and the number of time it would take for users to remember your brand reduces.
3. SEO helps give you insight on who your customers are; one thing that makes SEO powerful is the fact that there are tons of metrics that would let you know who your website visitors are. You do not only gain demographics, locale, devices, and interests, it also gives you information of who your regular visitors are and which stage they are in their decision-making process by conducting researches on their keywords that lead to traffic through Google search console.
4. Effective marketing strategy; SEO is currently one of the leading marketing strategies and this is because website owners are able to engage users that have made the decision of typing on Google. When your website get a higher ranking on Google and other search engines like Yahoo, Bing etc, your website get tons of web visitors, they are already interested in what you offer without you having to spend much time to market your products. Once they visit your website, your job would be to simply convince them that you are the right brand to for them to shop from. SEO gives you consistent traffic which in turn markets your website.
5. Improves your website’s user-friendliness; if you want more people to visit your website, you definitely would want them to have a wonderful time on your website. This will lead to increasing the user-friendliness of your website. Also, Google, one of the leading search engines have revealed that they reward websites with an amazing user experience. So this motivates more website owners to improve their user-friendliness.